Friday, September 7, 2012

Sure Thing

"Even when we're down to the wire babe
even when it's do or die
we can do it baby simple and plain
cuz this love is a sure thing..."
 - Miguel


Hello my love bugs... I know it's been a while since I've come and shared my life with you but as of the past almost 3 months I have been all dressed up in love!  I can hardly believe all that life and love has taught me lately and I am in humble awe of the way that my deity has awarded me so greatly with the love of a lifetime.
My relationship has been going well (read: not perfect) and I'm especially grateful for that.  You see what I have been on the journey toward all this time was the authentic love in every form.  I wasn't looking for the lie of perfect prince charming but I also was not going to settle for just any old body.  I wanted my love to be MY LOVE.  To be someone that was my friend, my partner, my supporter, my comedian, my feedback giver, my growth partner, my love... And it looks as though where I am right now is exactly where I'm supposed to be.
The past three months have been a period of transition.  From friend to homie lover friend for both of us.  We've  reached some very high highs and even had some knock down drag outs but even in the midst of that I can say that I am more confident now than ever that this is where we're supposed to be.  I appreciate the arguments that didn't equal break ups.  I appreciate the times when I can tell him I wanna punch him in the face or he can tell me he's not on me.  I appreciate it because at the end of the day we're both committed to forever with one another and we realize that perfection is just as out of the question as giving up.  That's love in my opinion.  The love I've waited for, hoped for, dreamed of, lived for and finally found.  This love is authentic and challenging and rewarding and at times difficult. This love holds a mirror up to me and reveals all those things I need to work on to become a better me but it also highlights all those things about me that are essentially me and beautiful.  This love confirms my faith in all things beautiful and cements my hope for the future.  This love... Is a sure thing...


Until the next song plays...
 - Jazz

No comments: