Thursday, November 27, 2008

Gratitude

"Thankful for relaxation, complication, hibernation and irritation...Succlusion, confusion, all my impurities and insecurities...Cause I know it`s God just perfecting me...That`s why I today I take my life as it comes" - India Arie "Gratitude"

What are you thankful for? Every year I sit and make sure I have something good to say because in my family we're pretty traditional. We stand in a circle in my grandma's living room and give thanks to the Almighty One who has kept us thus far. And after the very fervent prayer to bless the food, the house, and the family we are each charged with expressing our own personal gratitude to the Most High.

You're probably thinking, wow that probably takes a long time; yeah it does, but this year I'm taking it serious. See I'm grown now and I sit back and realize that I have sooo much to be thankful for.

This year I have truly been baptized by fire. I've gone through some things that I thought would surely cause my demise; but I'm still here. I have laughed and cried, moaned and groaned, loved and lost; but I'm still here. There were people in my life that wished the worst for me and yet I am still here doing my best to be the best me. I AM STILL HERE! Survival is big for me. I recognize that there are people who have gone through these same situations that may not have survived and I am grateful that LOVE wouldn't let me disappear.

As I look back over the years and I look to my upcoming birthday, I also am grateful for the fact that tho I may never reach perfection; I am a better woman today than I was even 5 months ago. See I'm thankful that I'm learning from my mistakes and growing from my adversities. This means not only am I surviving, I am thriving. This means that each year, each month, week, day, hour, minute, second, each moment in time... I am becoming a better me. A me that will be equipped to triumph because I've known what it is to fail. A me that knows if I fall I can, I will, I must get back up again.

So I'm grateful today. I'm grateful to the GOD that is the love that wouldn't let me fall. I'm grateful to this love that is revealed to me through the sunlight and rain, the flowers and the trees, the smiles on my loved ones faces, and the goodnight kisses I get from my baby boy. I'm grateful that this love has choosen me for a purpose and is equipping me for the road ahead.

I believe in this love, and I am so thankful for it today... The book is right; Love never fails... and for that; This is my gratitude...


Until the next song plays...
- Jazz

No comments: