Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'

"Someone's Always Tryin' To Start My Baby Cryin'
Talkin', Squealin', Lyin'
Sayin' You Just Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'"
-MJ


So yes the soundtrack is lovin MJ right about now... And more than that this song is perfect for what I'm feeling right now. As always life refuses to let me be content. I have a great job, I'm loving my me time, and I just generally feel good. Yet a stupid situation reers it's ugly head. Let me start off by saying when I'm done with someone I'm pretty much finished talking about any and everything that has to do with whatever lead me to be done with them in the first place. I am, however in the process of trying to do better with that aspect of me. So in with a particular person that met this fate of me being done with them, I had to really search myself and forgive and live and let live. I actually forgave this person. Not only that, I was able to leave any bitterness, and aught that I had behind. I am proud of myself fot this.

So here is the stupid part. There are others that don't feel that this course of action was sufficient for the situation. I have been told that I need to go back to this formerly done with person and "clear the air". WTF? Can I just say that that shit is for the birds. I'm not doing that. I've grown but I haven't grown into stupidity. Furthermore, I personally have not felt an awkwardness toward this formerly done person (I kinda love that term) and based on the previous circumstances the fact that I am where I am with this situation says a lot.

I guess the problem here for me is that I feel that I've done everything in this situation that I'm going to do. Don't get me wrong, I don't think I'm either right or wrong for not "clearing the air", I am however being honest with myself and the other parties about what is realistically going to happen on this end. Not only that but I have come to the place where I'm comfortable with that course of action whether it be right or wrong. It seems like it's always somethin.

It seems like someone always has an opinion for me, a course of action they'd like me to take, something they want me to change... I'm getting to the point where I'm fed up with this type of pseudo-constructive criticism. I admit my personality type (ENFP) is such that I am prone to taking things personally so I understand that I may sound a bit ridiculous. But I mean there is a way, a time, a place, a tone that must be intentionally thought about when going there with someone... especially me.

I say all of this not to try and start somethin' but just as a way to vent my frsutrations...


Until the next song plays...
-Jazz


No comments: