Thursday, July 9, 2009

Human Nature

"And they say why why tell them that it's human nature..."
-Michael Jackson


It's been a long time and sooo much has happened. In my life, in this world, in time and space. I use this lyric as an homage to the King that we lost much to soon... I also use this lyric as a way to profess my humanity. During the past month and a half I have gone through an attempted censoring in regards to this soundtrack. No need for anymore details but just know I fought for you, for me, for my right to say and write whatever I need to say or write because it's my human nature. Too many times in life when people don't like, understand, or are afraid of words, thoughts, ideas they want to censor them. That my friends is bs. To quote one of our founding fathers (ahem) "I may not like what you say, but I'll defend til my death your right to say it". Why can't more people think this way?

Back to the point at hand.... My humanity. We've previously discussed loving and appreciating one's humanity and all that comes with that i.e. Flaws and All. But now I'm recognizing that this humanity, this human nature if you will is also the tie that binds. There are a lot of things going on in my life and some of the people in it are making some bonehead decisions. I would love to shout at them and say "hey, don't do that" but I can't. I look at them in their desperation, in their time of blatent ignorance and instead of looking at them wondering why, I can't help but see myself. See we all know Miss Jazz has not been the best decision maker in life. Yes I've grown and fallen and gotten up but I know that I will never get to the point where I myself am immune to the bonehead decision. Hopefully I won't revisit a misstep from the past but there are so many new uncharted bonehead decisions to be made... I jest of course but I guess I've said all of that to say... I'm really feelin Micahel for this song... R.I.P. King of Pop... MJ


Until the next song plays...
-Jazz

1 comment:

J.Ali said...

All I remember is you singing the lyrics to "Bad" as a kid.