Thursday, October 20, 2011

Free

"Ain't no feeling like being free
When your mind's made up
And your hearts in the right place, yeah"
-Destiny's Child

Hello again to all my friends :) It has been almost a month since my last post and sooooo many things have happened. As you may be able to tell, I am no longer in my dark and twisty sad place and I am so grateful to God. Not only have I found my joy, I am free of anger, bitterness and resent. The soundtrack has me in a very good place right now... I am in place of freedom. Freedom from guilt, embarrassment, insecurity, anger, and bondage in general.

I have had my time to think and process all that went down and I'm of the mindset that everything happens for a reason. I also believe that every challenge we go through in our lives is meant to prepare us for the next step or phase and before we can "cross over" we have to complete the level... Well I'm happy to say that I have mastered this challenge beautifully if I do say so myself. I was even able to have a conversation with my former best friend and have some closure and for that I am grateful.

Since then I have been able to put the past behind me and begin this love stuff all over again... Not with a new relationship or a replacement of the previous one, but with a new found appreciation for all that is me... I feel beautiful and valuable and confident and whole. I feel like the world is my oyster. I am glad to be who I am and where I am at this moment in time and I appreciate all the experiences that have brought me to this moment.

So here I am world! I am free, and my heart is in the right place :)

Until the next song plays...

-Jazz

No comments: