Friday, October 28, 2011

Golden

"I'm taking my own freedom
Putting it in my song,
Singing loud and strong,
Grooving all day long,
I'm taking my freedom,
Putting it in my stroll,
I'll be high-steppin' y'all,
Letting the joy unfold"

-Jill Scott

Today is a great day... I woke up and had a smile on my face, spring in my step and a general joy about me... Yesterday was a bit stressful, but as I was debriefing it with one of my besties, I realized that it was "put my foot down" day. I had to create some standards at work, in my personal life, and just in general. Although this can be sometimes frustrating and tiring it's always for the best. I was able to cut some things off at the root and as I like to say "tell some people about themselves". For some reason that always puts me in a good mood.

I say all of this to say, I can totally understand Jill when she is so melodiously singing about taking, "her own freedom..." Freedom is something that must be taken, fought for, both figuratively and literally. You have to decide what is and is not ok in your OWN life... Draw your line in the sand today and bask in the joy of the freedom that it brings.

Happy Friday :)

Until the next song plays...
-Jazz

No comments: