Monday, January 5, 2009

But Beautiful

"Love is funny, or its sad
Or its quiet, or its mad
Its a good thing, or its bad
But beautiful...
Beautiful to take a chance
And if you fall, you fall
And Im thinking I wouldnt mind at all

Love is tearful, or its gay
Its a problem, or its play
Its a heartache either way
But beautiful...
And Im thinking, if you were mine Id never let you go
And that would be but beautiful I know"
-Nat King Cole

I want it so bad I can taste it.
So bad I want to hold it in my hand and never let it go.
I want a love for me, a love so free and clear and pure and precious and mine.
I want the physical, the mental, and emotional.
I want the you, the me, the we, the us.
I must have it.
I must have it to breathe, to live, to exist, to love...love.

My sould yearns for more.
More of love.
More of you though I don't even know who you are.
I know who you are not.
You are not boastful or selfish.
You're not loud and you don't envy me.
You just love.

And we.
We could be us.
And us could be beautiful.
Beautiful like a sunset, or a rainstorm.
We could live and love unselfishly, unapologetically, unknowingly imperfect.
Beautiful imperfection.
You and me we us love.

What I once was no longer am I.
And that's why I know you are there.
I am ready for love.
Ready for the us of love.
Ready for the lust of love.
And ready for the real unadulterated love of love.

Until the next song plays...
-Jazz

No comments: