Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Slow Down

"Slow down baby, you're movin too fast
You got your hands in the air with your feet on the gas
You're 'bout to wreck your future running from your past
You need to slow down"
-India Arie

Yeah... I was all excited about the last post. You know crushes can be so fun especially in the new phase. But I was totally jumping the gun. I started thinking about it like, "did I really just write a blog proclaiming my newfound "like" for someone?" Bad idea. Especially when it is very possible that said person could read the damn thing. See this is usually what happens and I am trying to start fresh. Usually I get all excited when I like someone and I have to tell them everything and it either gets awkward or I become the pursuer. Well at this point in time I am starting fresh, for once in my life I want to be pursued. I want to take things slow. And most of all I want to build a love out of a friendship instead of jumping into romance.

I need to slow down. I need to let it happen. I need to focus on the present and bask in the newness of friendship. All I can say is that this is a learning experience for me. I get so excited about things and I just honestly don't want to extinguish the fire before it even ignites...

Most of all I don't want to let the mistakes of my past negatively affect the decisions of my future. So hopefully I haven't a) scared off the poor man b) caused said crush to think I am crushing on someone else or c) made a complete ass of myself. I'd be willing to bet that option c is a definite yes, but hopefully I can continue on this journey and do better next time.

From this point on I'm slowing down and pumping the brakes. Thanks India.



Until the next song plays...
-Jazz

1 comment:

Little Miss Knobody said...

I know how you feel. I often wonder if I "jump the gun" so to speak sometimes. It's hard not to get excited when you realize that you really like someone.