Thursday, June 10, 2010

If

"If I was your girl
Oh the things I'd do to you
I'd make you call out my name
I'd ask who it belongs to
If I was your woman
The things I'd do to you
But I'm not
So I can't
Then I won't..."
-Janet Jackson

Day 2 of my love rehab is in full force and even though I'm only two days in I feel so free. I woke up this morning with the feeling that the weight of the world was not longer on my shoulders. I got out of bed and picked out an outfit just for me and went about my day as a single girl. I tmay sound silly but for a long time I was going through life waiting for my prince to come and feeling like I was in a constant state of preparation for his arrival. Well no more!

In this new found freedom I stumbled upon a quote that said, "We must be willing to let go of the life we had planned so as to accept the life that is waiting for us" I loved this quote and thought it quite appropriate for this time in my life. For years I was married to the "if" and "when" and in that became entangled in chasing that dream. Now for the first time in my adult life I'm no longer tied to this far off fantasy of happily ever after... I no longer have to wonder about the if's any longer and I'm great with that.

I am using this time to not dwell on if or when but right now and how I need to make the most of my life as I'm living it and leave this love shit for the fools that still care...


Until the next song plays...
- Jazz

No comments: