Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm Single

"And I'm single,
Yeah I'm single,
And I'm single,
Tonight I'm single
And I aint trippin on nothin,
I'm sipping on somethin..."
- Lil Wayne


Ok world I'm about to take this time to scream my truth from the top of my lungs... I'm done and as you may be able to tell from the song, I'm finally in a place where I am facing the reality of my single-dom.

The past 10 months, err 2 years basically have been riddled with hurt after hurt. And to quote an old movie, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"

So I bow out. I am done with love; not in the hissy fit way that means I'm more sad than anything else but in the I am forcing myself to review this whole concept and reject it because if it's not working for me it must not be for me. Which as much as it sucks is something that I just have to come to grips with. So instead of getting pissed off at the asshole guy that played me to the left, and knowingly lead me on I'm gonna wish him the best and not blame him because he was just a pawn in this horrible joke called romantic love.

I get it I was never suppose to win at this game. I probably had no business even playing the damn game but I did and I'm choosing not to anymore...

SO I start today... I am (at least for the next 30 days) going to live like romantic love does not exist, like the possibilty of me ever walking down that aisle in a beautiful white gown is not even an option. Yeah I know what you're thinking, "How the hell are you, Jazz, the queen of love gonna pull this off?" I'm not sayin it's gonna be easy I'm just saying I'm gonna try. Desperate times call for desperate measures so I'm going through love detox.

This shit is for the birds and I'm not playin along anymore... We'll see how this goes...


I'm single...


Until the next song plays...
- Jazz


No comments: